Directeur de Recherches, DR1
- Tél. 05 49 09 61 11, Tel direct 05 49 09 78 17, Fax. 05 49 09 65 26
- E-mail: breta[at]cebc.cnrs.fr
Implications dans la ZA:
- Directeur de la Zone Atelie Plaine & Val de Sèvre – Head of LTER ZA Plaine & Val de Sèvre.
- Créateur de la Zone Atelier Plaine & Val de Sèvre en 1994.
- For the last ten years, I have tried to incorporate spatially explicit dimension in the interplay between behaviour and demography, looking especially the location (and interactions) of individuals within space, or the explicit resource-consumers relationships within a spatially explicit framework. Temporal dimension (population dynamics) is not excluded, and thus has offered me the opportunity to work on endangered species. I have published more than 200 papers, books or book chapters, more than 150 of which are in international journals.
- My present research focuses on the regulation of populations and the management of natural resources. In particular, I am working on the effects of human practices, such as agriculture and land use changes, on spatial and temporal dynamics of populations, through their effects on individuals, trying to apply my results for managing populations of species. With this respect, my main research program is on the effects of agriculture intensification on biodiversity, analysing functional diversity as well as conservation issues.
- I now work not only on birds, but also insects, mammals and plants.
mots-clés: agroécologie, biodiversité, écologie spatiale, socio-écosystèmes, services écosystémiques, conservation
- Head of Zone Atelier LTER French netwok on behalf of CNRS INEE
- Member of Conseil Scientifique de l’Office National de la Chasse et de la Faune Sauvage (ONCFS)
Pour plus d’informations: http://www.cebc.cnrs.fr/Fidentite/bretagnolle/bretagnolle.htm